According to OSHA estimates, each year forklifts cause about 85 fatal accidents, 34,900 accidents resulting in serious injury, and 61,800 accidents that are classified as non-serious. CED Technologies, Inc. has a team of engineers experienced in investigating forklift accidents like these, among other workplace safety violations. With proper management and training, most forklift accidents can be avoided.
Our CED engineers want to reiterate these forklift safety tips to keep in mind before and during the operation:
- Understand and respect capacity ratings
- Inspect the truck for leaks and for damage/wear to forks
- Know the maneuverability, especially when navigating tight spaces
- Engage load fully to fork shanks – tilt rearward
- Visibility – inspect your surroundings before use
- Honk when going through doorways, around corners, and prior to moving
Many forklift accidents can be prevented with better training. No one starts out with the innate knowledge, skills, and abilities to operate a forklift. Anyone operating a forklift without training is a potential danger and can make fatal or damaging mistakes. We also recommend reading our other article on forklift safety that goes into more depth on safe operations.
Click here to review our engineers and here to contact someone in your area to review your case.
Click Here to Submit an Inquiry About a Possible Claim or Case.