Abe Warfel, P.E.
- Annapolis, MD Office
- Licensed Professional Engineer in DC, DE, MD, and PA
- Expertise ranging from vehicle accident and fire investigations to all things mechanical
- Experienced Engineer:
- 10 + years of mechanical engineering experience including design and construction of large scale commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential facilities. In additional to new design and construction, professional experience encompasses physical surveys of existing mechanical systems for the purposes of condition assessment, life cycle analysis, and technical reporting.
- 4 + years investigating vehicle accidents including retrieval and analysis of data from onboard event data recorders.
- Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator and Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator
- Highlighted Areas of Expertise:
- Vehicle accident reconstruction
- Fire & explosion investigation
- Heating, ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC) & MEP system design
- Outside of work Abe can be found spending time with family and friends, working on home projects, and cheering on Penn State football.
CED was retained to investigate an explosion at a hemp oil processing facility. Despite the vast amount of specialized extracting equipment and chemicals present the explosion was isolated to a residential grade refrigerator. A shell of the burnt-out refrigerator was found with the doors blown off several feet away. The investigation required packaging and cross-country shipment of the refrigerator. Further investigation coupled with research into the extraction processes led to probable cause rooted in hazardous off-gassing of an extraction product, placed within the residential grade refrigerator, reaching ignition sources at the refrigerator’s lower working components. This project’s combination process research, witness statements, and evidence collection and analysis were an intriguing insight to the hazards present in an industry that has been exploding (pun intended) across the country in recent years.
Click here to read his
full profile and certifications.
Click Here to Submit an Inquiry About a Possible Claim or Case.